What You Need to Know Now About the Cybersecurity Framework
February 20, 2014, 1 to 3 pm EST
A Time-Sensitive Webinar for Understanding and Navigating the NIST Framework
On February 13, 2014, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) published a comprehensive and detailed cybersecurity framework for critical infrastructure sectors. Developed pursuant to a February 2013 executive order issued by President Obama, this cybersecurity framework promises to fundamentally alter how critical infrastructure asset owners and technology suppliers develop, implement and update their cyber risk assessment and protection systems.
This wide-ranging and intricate framework will not only lay the foundation for changes in cybersecurity initiatives across the United States, it will also spark changes in how regulators, policy makers, standards-setting bodies and security professionals view cybersecurity challenges, obligations and practices.
DCT Associates and the ICS-ISAC have partnered to bring you a cutting-edge webinar that will give you a head start in understanding and navigating the final published framework. We have pulled together the top government and industry officials who can explain to you:
- What the framework is and how it was developed;
- What you need to know immediately to understand, adopt and implement the framework;
- What you need to know going forward to keep pace with the framework’s evolving nature;
- How the framework fits into your existing plans;
- How to communicate the framework within your organization;
- How the framework relates to existing standards and guidelines
- Much more.
Sign-up today for this important event. Register at this link, if you have not used GoToWebinar previously you may want to join 2-3 minutes before the session to allow the GoToWebinar client to load on your computer.
Outline of Webinar – Suggested Speakers
I. Introduction – 1:00 to 1:15
- Chris Blask – ICS-ISAC
- Cynthia Brumfield – DCT Associates
II. NIST Overview – 1:15 to 1:45
The chief organizer of the NIST framework process will walk through the framework and offer insight into how agencies and the administration view the importance and impact of adopting and following the framework. Hear their guidance on how sectors can stay involved in the ongoing evolution of the framework and what the next steps are in the framework’s evolution.
- Adam Sedgewick, Senior Information Technology Policy Advisor, NIST
III. Industry Overview – 1:45 to 2:30
Top experts from the critical infrastructure and technology supply sectors will discuss the impact of the framework on their cybersecurity practices and procedures. Gain early knowledge of how leaders in the cybersecurity world are positioning their organizations to succeed in a post-framework environment.
- Matthew Light, Cybersecurity Specialist, ES-ISAC at North American Electric Reliability Corporation
- Kevin M. Morley, Ph.D., Security & Preparedness Program Manager, American Water Works Association
- Kent Landfield, Director, Content Strategy, Architecture and Standards, McAfee Labs
IV. Questions and Answers – 2:30 to 3:00