The ICS-ISAC Fall Conference was held Sept 17-20, 2014 & provided a forum for learning solutions to Cyber-Physical and Control System cybersecurity challenges. The agenda was based on the four components of the Situational Awareness Reference Architecture (SARA): Identity, Inventory, Activity, and Sharing.
Video recordings and slides will soon be available on this website
Cybersecurity issues – such as the DHS release of Operation Aurora information; legislation like CISA (S. 2588), CIRDA (H.R. 2952) & H.R. 3696; and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework — can leave one wondering “What, where, how and with whom should I share?” and “Where can I find solutions?”
At the ICS-ISAC Fall Conference attendees developed knowledge to further enhance their organization’s cybersecurity posture through answers to these and many other questions including:
- What do I do with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework?
- How does my organization plug in to a real-time threat intel stream?
- How can I enhance my cyber skills and that of my organization?
- Inventory? What inventory?
- What is Avalanche?
- What is this STIX/TAXII thing I have been hearing about?
- How do I participate more fully in information sharing?
On Wednesday-Friday attendees heard panel discussions and presentations from national and international leadership who provided sound guidance for facility operators, integrators and solution providers.
Then on Saturday attendees joined one of two education and training tracks:
1. ICS-ISAC hosted training for professional & industry participants
2. 1NTERRUPT Cyber Defense Challenge – GTRI and the ICS-ISAC hosted a day of workforce development for secondary students.
Cyber Insurance: Making a Business Case for Security
Lunch & Learn by CyberIQ
Nick Johnson, Grey H@t
Keith Watson, DC404
Introduction to Security Management for Critical Infrastructure
Using Avalanche for Real-Time Information Sharing
Virtual SCADA Environment for Simulation and Cybersecurity Experiments
Ecosystem for Critical Infrastructure Products
Applied Threat Intelligence
Customized Sponsorship packages started for as little as $3,000.
Download the Sponsorship Guide.